Saturday, 2 July 2016

Day Two, Helston to Lostwithiel

Well what a day! 46 miles of uphill and downhill. It is so true what I've been told about Cornwall, any height gains are lost so, it all evens out; so at the end of the day it's as if you've cycled on the flat. Sadly I can't prove it 'cos I've lost all my data!! I stuffed my Garmin in my back pocket at Charleston, 38 miles done, 6-7 miles left, and all my data got wiped, gggrrr! 😡😡😤😰

The last 6-7 miles were tough though, we had a 17% gradient at one point, I did it though. Then on the descent, I got to the bottom and thought "something sounds funny, hope it's not the gears gone mad again" No, it was a flat tyre, more gggrrr!!!

Fortunately there was only a third of a mile to go to the hotel, so I walked it.

Hopefully I'm not going to have a disaster every day!! 

Off to have a drink now, might go for an alcoholic one??!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your blog for day 2 and kept saying 'O no!' at the end of each paragraph! and that includes the one about alcohol!! You'll need a clear head for tomorrow so limit the bottles is my advice!
    Will be thinking of you loads xxxx

    ReplyDelete