Sunday, 17 July 2016

Nethybridge to Tain, via Inverness

Another good day in the saddle - although my legs did rebel for most of the 70 miles, especially on the hills, which weren't too bad when I think about the Peak District hills.

It's 10.25pm - dinner was incredibly slow but good. So this is it I'm afraid - short and ??? sweet.

Saw two red deer today and a red squirrel; sadly the red squirrel was dead - road kill - NOT nice.

Met two shetland ponies in a field together - very naughty ponies; fighting each other over the grass! And then a horse and a pony further up the ride, who were disparaging about the grass I was offering them!

Cycled through Inverness and over the bridge and then followed the coast line to Tain - saw 3 huge Oil Platforms in the Firth of Cromarty (thank you Sarah!!). Beautiful scenery. 

Anyway time for bed; hopefully a more interesting blog tomorrow - too tired tonight, sorry. We have another 70-miler tomorrow. Penultimate day tomorrow, WOW!! Almost there.

Sleep tight.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't enjoy Inverness, hope you found it an altogether happier acquaintance! Can't believe you've almost finished! You have huffed and puffed your way up the country, coped with hills, more hills, tech problems, bike problems, muscle ache, severe bottom ache and all the while I've just sat in the sun, read a few gardening mags and had a nice rest. Mmmm ....me thinks one of us is mad!! Have a brilliant last day tomorrow, you will feel a million dollars when you get there and EVERYTHING will have been worth it, so pleased for you xx

    ReplyDelete