Cycled 60 miles today and have managed to lose ALL my data!! That's even though I pressed the correct button at the end of the ride to "save" it, technology can be so depressing. Also the battery has run out on both my heart rate monitor and cadence meter, I think I will be able to cope without both as I'm getting used to pacing myself accordingly up the hills and utilising my deep breathing as instructed by Rich, my PT. And today, we had the worst hill so far (worse than Cornwall or Devon, wouldn't you just know it here in the Derbyshire Dales). It went on forever, and was quite steep in places.
Anyway, met up with my cycling buddy, Jen, at Hulme End, at the end of the Manifold Way (an old railway track, now made into a walk/cycle way). Her dad, Gordon came too - and not only bought me tea and cake but sponsored me as well. Thank you Gordon!!
Jen, is thinking that she might do LEJOG to celebrate her 60th birthday, could be "trending" soon!! She asked if I'd be interested in doing it again (in 5 years time), hmmm not sure, have to wait and see!!
We are staying in the centre of Bakewell, which is lovely. Geoff will be arriving soon, really looking forward to seeing him. Our friend, Pauline, is coming too, so it's quite a day for catching up.
So must away
No comments:
Post a Comment