Thursday, 14 July 2016

Days 12 & 13 Abington to Stirling, rest day in Stirling

Today's blog is going to be short and sweet because I'm writing it a day late and I'm at the point where the day's are merging into one!!

We set off from Abington full of the joys of spring after the previous day's miserable end.

The road was smooth and the scenery pleasant.


Lovely scenery
Just to prove we are in Scotland - HAGGIS LASAGNE

We passed through 3 closed roads - one of them we had to be escorted through as pedestrians, never had to do that before.

Needless to say I got left behind (again). We had a choice of routes, one on the garmin "gismo" and one from the Falkirk wheel where you had to find your own way on to Stirling. The benefit of the Falkirk Wheel route was that it was FLAT; whereas the other route was hilly. Anyway, I opted for the hilly route - I could just see myself getting lost, and knew it wasn't worth it.

Anyway, despite the hill climbing (16% in places) I had a really good day. Although I did get wet through - I was on the edge of a shower cloud all afternoon. I even stopped and wrung my socks out at one point!!

On the ride into Stirling


Fast forward to the evening and I met up with an old nursing friend, Nicky and her husband, Tony. I worked out that Nicky and I have known each other since the early 1980's, 30+ years, amazing!!

It was good to see them and tell them about my trip so far and catch up with their news, but by 9.30pm I was flagging and had to say "Night, Night". 

Then today, Thursday - WE'VE HAD A DAY OFF!!

Time to lie-in! Time to visit Stirling Castle! Time to have a lager with lunch! Time to have a massage, (legs, neck and shoulders)!! And on top of all that - lovely weather, blue skies, just perfect.

I'm a bit worried that it is going to be difficult to get going again tomorrow. Anyway, we'll see!

Bye for now.




3 comments:

  1. Aw Janette, we feel for you, get that tub of bottom cream and rub it in all over top to toe, and all the nooks and crannies (coz that's where it hurts the most!!) I couldn't walk straight for a month after you know! But you are doing FABULOUS, and in Scotland too!!(doesn't sound like the earth moved for you going up the Drummochter pass after everything I said about it too....nevermind, you are in the same country as John O Groats, that's got to be worth a cheer, and when you get there you will be ELATED!!love Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, I'm not sure I've done the Drummochter Pass yet?!! Maybe it was draped in cloud and I missed it!!
      Dreadful day today weather wise (15th July) but the cycling hjas been brilliant, nice and flat!! Love Jxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Annie, I'm not sure I've done the Drummochter Pass yet?!! Maybe it was draped in cloud and I missed it!!
    Dreadful day today weather wise (15th July) but the cycling hjas been brilliant, nice and flat!! Love Jxx

    ReplyDelete