Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Day 5, to Hereford - Shattered!

We've cycled 73 miles today, I'm absolutely shattered, so short but sweet tonight. Set off dead early at 8am, 'cos we knew we had a tough day ahead. Left Sidcot and made our way around Bristol on various cycle paths and eventually over the River Avon, cycling along a cycle path next to the M5; and then eventually made our way to the Severn Bridge, and over into Wales for oooh, all of 5 minutes and then back into England - but  I can only describe it as an "awesome" experience!! So special to be able to do it.

Then on to Ross-on-Wye for tea and cake before the last push onto Hereford. This was where I was really suffering, neck ache, thigh ache and bottom ache!!?? 

We had some lovely moments cycling along side the rivers, Avon, Bristol Channel and the Wye, truly beautiful.

No baby animals seen today,😥. Maybe tomorrow.

That's all, really tired now, perhaps I shouldn't have stayed up to see Wales versus Portugal match....

Sleep tight.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We did the cycle path on the M5 bridge too! ( had a little argument there, but we always enjoy the memory of that day every time we head over it on the way to my sister in Exeter)We've got some memories in Ross-On-Wye too as we honeymooned there..... won't share them on this site ...obviously..
    I'm afraid everything will ache from here on in but its such a brilliant experience its worth not walking properly for a month after.
    Thinking of you pedaling/chatting/drinking your way up the country. love Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete