Friday, 15 July 2016

Stirling to Pitlochry

What a wonderful day!

The rain stayed away until 10.30am and then gradually built up to a complete deluge. But despite all that the cycling was glorious! A bit of uphill at the start out of Stirling (23% in places!!). Managed to fall over - I stopped for a car and then set off again on a hill - and WHACK! over I went, grazed my knee and damaged my pride! I need to practice my hill starts, this is twice now.

We had a couple of downhill stretches, fast, fast, fast. Such a shame the weather was awful because the scenery would have been wonderful - long sweeping valleys, large full, fast, flowing rivers. 

After lunch I joined Bill (from Vancouver, Canada) and Roger (from Liverpool) and we flew along, 17 miles per hour - so fast that I arrived at the hotel at 3pm, the earliest I've arrived anywhere the whole trip. 58 miles in 5 hours!!

Brilliant!


1 comment:

  1. You really are having an adventure are you?! Hope the fall off the bike won't have any long term hurts
    It's nice when you arrive early and can actually enjoy not cycling for part of the day!
    We've just come back from watching the Mikado, wonderful. I thought you'd done the drummochter pass because you mentioned the A9 and my Scottish geography is rubbish, and I didn't realise there's anywhere east of edinburgh!have a brilliant day tomoz, give my love to drummochter, and don't stop at the Dalwhinnie brewery coz you'll definitely fall off the bike after that little interlude!love Annie xx

    ReplyDelete