Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Back on Track after Italy

I left Italy ten days ago. Where did that go? It never ceases to amaze me how time flies, but as I've been busy it's to be expected! In ten days I've managed to:

  • run two, couch to 5K's training runs (total 8 kilometres)
  • do five bike rides (total 145 miles)
  • travel  to London and back
  • lose the 2lbs in weight I put on in Italy
  • shake off the chest infection I caught in Italy!!

Not too bad me-thinks. 


Anyway, I'm trying not to panic, there are only 5 weeks to go now, HELP!!! Actually, there are only four weeks left to train, because the fifth week will be a "tapering" week, where the bike rides I do will be gentle ones, just to keep the leg muscles turning over really. So, in the following four weeks I've got to build up to going out SIX days on the trot and doing 45 miles each day. That's what is required to get me up to approximately 75% of what I'll be doing on the actual LEJOG. 

I also want to do the "Mow Cop Killer mile", that's a ride that includes a 25% incline (see picture below), before I start LEJOG. Then I'll know that I can face anything Cornwall has to offer.



I'll keep you posted how it goes. I've managed 20% since coming back from Italy so feeling reasonably confident...?







No comments:

Post a Comment