The weather was glorious up here today - lovely sunshine, great day for training. I decided to go and try Toot Hill "to exhaustion", like I did with Rich a couple of weeks ago. I felt sure I'd get further today, but, got more or less, to the same spot!! A third of the way up.
The worst bit of this climb is about 500 yards long @ 25% followed by a nasty corner reaching 33%.
The problem is because I am cycling so slowly I have to take one foot out of my cleats 'cos I'm scared stiff I'm going to fall over - so inevitably I lose power and then again 'cos I'm pedalling so slowly I wobble - which is what happened today, I wobbled a bit too close to the verge and lost it, had to stop. Still got a way to go before I manage the whole thing.
The picture doesn't really show the gradient that well - but shows the nice sunny sky!!
Then went on to do two more climbs, one average 16% the other average, 14% - so pleased with that!! However, I lost a bit of data on my Garmin - I was so busy trying to take pictures of the lambs (sooo cute!) that I forgot to restart the timer!! Never mind, it was worth it. I love seeing the lambs in the fields, aaahhh!

No comments:
Post a Comment