I'm back from my one week holiday in Italy, exploring the Cinque Terre, (close to the Italian Riviera) with my two "girl" friends, Caroline and Linda. We were celebrating my 60th birthday - I know it's not till September, but this was the only time we could all get away. We started this custom of celebrating the "big-zero" birthdays ten years ago with my 50th. We've done all the 50th birthdays now - time to start the 60th birthdays.
I have good news and bad news....... let's start with the bad news -
The bad news is, I:
- have come back with a chest infection, (arrgh!!)
- didn't manage to complete my "couch25K" homework - meant to run for 20 minutes non-stop
- put on 2lbs in weight - (which actually is good news too, 'cos I thought I'd have put on at least 5 lbs)
The good news is:
- we had a fantastic time, despite the weather - it rained the first few days, (warm rain makes all the difference, haha!)
- we are still friends after a week away together - (testament to our 30 year friendship!)
- our apartment was beautiful (thank you "airb&b"!!)
- I ate what I wanted and didn't feel guilty! (Sea- food pasta, ice-cream, pastries, chocolate - now you understand why only gaining 2lbs in weight is amazing..)
- I did my "couch25K" homework; 2 runs. The first one I managed to run 15 minutes non-stop and the second I managed 18 minutes non-stop. Both times my left leg started hurting, lungs and heart were fine!! Obviously the chest infection hadn't taken hold.
Photos below: our lovely apartment
Linda and I reliving our childhood with liquorice pipes!! Awesome sweet shop..
Live begins at...... Caroline, me and Linda on our way to Portofino - home to the stars - on our own private.....ferry (yes! sorry, it was the ferry!!)
It's Tuesday, it's 5pm so it's G&T time!!
You are never too old to enjoy Italian ice-cream!
Happy, happy days.
I'll second all of that - except for you told me it was only a cold. There was I thinking I was the only one suffering a full blown absolutely awful chest infection having returned from our wonderful, relaxing and rejuvenating holiday ! Sorry you hot it too - have to say this has quite possibly been the most painful chest I've ever had though I'm on the mend now I think. XxxxX
ReplyDelete