I'm beginning to panic a bit. I haven't been out on my bike for 4 days, diet has gone out the window and I haven't written my blog for 6 days - what is going on?
Basically - we've had visitors (Geoff's daughter and boyfriend) for the weekend - hence the diet; although to be fair that was on the way out during our trip to Cornwall and hasn't really recovered.
As far as not going out on the bike - I have been running instead. I am doing the "Couch to 5km" training with Macclesfield Harriers. We have to run 3 times a week - I've only managed twice a week so far; so it's not as if I've done nothing?!
Went out sprint training on the bike, with Rich today and felt good in my legs - so maybe the change has done me good! We managed to do 25 miles altogether in just over 2 hours. There we go! That's better, I'm not doing so badly after all, phew!!
This time next week I'll be in Italy with my 2 very good friends, Linda and Caroline. We are having an early celebration of my 60th birthday! One whole week in Italy, Cinque Terre, near Pisa. Can't wait, lovely sea-food pasta, lovely weather, lovely company and LOVELY Prosecco!! Mustn't undo all my good work. I can't do any cycling, but I intend to do my running training. When I get back, I'll have 7 weeks to the start of LEJOG; that will be the time to panic!!
Basically - we've had visitors (Geoff's daughter and boyfriend) for the weekend - hence the diet; although to be fair that was on the way out during our trip to Cornwall and hasn't really recovered.
As far as not going out on the bike - I have been running instead. I am doing the "Couch to 5km" training with Macclesfield Harriers. We have to run 3 times a week - I've only managed twice a week so far; so it's not as if I've done nothing?!
Went out sprint training on the bike, with Rich today and felt good in my legs - so maybe the change has done me good! We managed to do 25 miles altogether in just over 2 hours. There we go! That's better, I'm not doing so badly after all, phew!!
This time next week I'll be in Italy with my 2 very good friends, Linda and Caroline. We are having an early celebration of my 60th birthday! One whole week in Italy, Cinque Terre, near Pisa. Can't wait, lovely sea-food pasta, lovely weather, lovely company and LOVELY Prosecco!! Mustn't undo all my good work. I can't do any cycling, but I intend to do my running training. When I get back, I'll have 7 weeks to the start of LEJOG; that will be the time to panic!!
No comments:
Post a Comment