It's not that I'm beginning to wonder why I ever thought of cycling Lands End to John O'Groats - I'm beginning to wonder why I ever thought that I could do it?!
Went out yesterday for a nice flat, bike ride on the Cheshire Plain (around Jodrell Bank) with cycling buddy Jen and cycling hubby Geoff - but by the time I got home I was shattered, after only 34 miles - it just doesn't seem to be getting any easier. I got home and thought - If this was a day on "LEJOG" I'd only be half way into the daily mileage, HELP!!
Anyway I have managed to tell myself that the lack-lustre performance is due "caffeine" withdrawal!! I have given up coffee for Lent, and I am in the throws of withdrawal headaches and withdrawal aches and pains; anyway that's my excuse - I'll keep you posted.
Hoping to go out and do 50 miles on Saturday - but the weather isn't looking hopeful, snow is forecast; may have to use the indoor bike instead; I definitely do not do snow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment