So - Sunday the 20th, the cycling club I have just joined (Macclesfield Wheelers) were doing this fantastic ride around Alderley Edge - 46 miles & lots of hill climbing, excellent training for LEJOG. I soooo wanted to go, but I was on the rota at church for "door steward" (handing out the bibles and song-books as people come into church). I've only been doing this for 2 months and I changed my first ever Sunday, so I felt I couldn't ask to change the 2nd one as well!! So, God won, & quite rightly so. There will be plenty of uphill cycling opportunities over the next 4 months, especially as I have taken on a new personal trainer who specialises in cycling training!!
He, Rick, is going to help with my hill-climbing because I HAVE to get up the hills on my bike, no getting off and pushing! I want to be able to say that I CYCLED from Lands End to John Groats!! I've checked with the guy leading the "tour" and the steepest hill we face in Cornwall will be 25% - fortunately he hasn't told me where it is or how long the hill is...... I start with Rick on April 4th at 8am in the morning..... rain or shine!
In the meantime my next ride with Macclesfield Wheelers is March 6th. It's a Sunday (and Mother's Day) so I won't be going to church that day - I'll praise God on my bike and ask for His help during the 100 km (60 mile) ride instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment