Sunday, 13 March 2016

At least I won't have to cook my own porridge....

So now I know what it is going to be like on the actual LEJOG. Today I went out with Macclesfield Wheelers and cycled 72 miles..! Had a very early start:
  • 6.20 am alarm went off
  • 6.30 am snooze button turned off and leapt out of bed!!
  • 6.31 am started cooking porridge
  • 6.50 am finished eating porridge (got to allow an hour for it to go down BEFORE I start cycling) 
  • 6.51 am started getting ready and hung around until time to go (leave the washing up for Geoff)
  • 7.45 am set off to start of ride 
  • 8.30 am started 100km ride with Macclesfield Wheelers - lovely day, sunshine +++
  • 3.45 pm arrived home after ride.
Feeling a bit sleepy now (8.30pm) with aching legs and if it wasn't for "The Night Watchman" on the tele at 9pm I'd probably be in bed by now - especially if I have to get up and do it all again tomorrow!!?? Which I don't, but could be something I need to practise...But, at least I won't have to cook my own breakfast on LEJOG.

Anyway, the ride was good, started off at the back, but after the first cafe stop and an excellent piece of flapjack I managed to cycle near the front for a bit; another cafe stop and it was back to the back!! 

Very pleased with whole experience..

No comments:

Post a Comment