Well, what a ride! The wind was gusting 40 miles/hour at times - it always seemed to be in our faces especially when there was a little hill to get up?! I did the ride with a friend from church, Dave - he's training to do an "iron-man" event in September. He has to swim first (don't know how far) and then cycle 112 miles (hence the 80 mile event today) and then run a marathon!! Give me LEJOG any day!!
So, the ride today was 80 miles; mainly flat but with a sting in the tail, hills out of Bollington and Pott Shrigley, short climbs but 15% in places - so cruel to put that in after 70 miles!! Anyway, despite the wind, which meant in places even the flat felt like going uphill, I think we did a good time, 6 hours 40 minutes, waiting to see the official result - who knows may get a bronze level of achievement.
I feel completely shattered now, looking forward to a G&T in celebration followed by sirloin steak and salad, yum, yum!!
No comments:
Post a Comment