This time next week I will have finished my first day of the trip - Land's End to Helston, 25 miles. Six months of training is complete, I'm nearly there. I did my last serious ride on Thursday. I'm tapering now, just going to do a couple of easy rides next week, on the flat to keep the legs moving, but also to give them the chance to recover from the last week of training which involved cycling six days on the trot and climbing a lot of hills.
Looking back since January:
- I've cycled 2056 miles - that's Land's End to John O'Groats twice!! (Geoff says: "there's no need to go now, stay home with me!").
- I've done 137,440 feet of climbing - that's equivalent to cycling up Everest 4.73 times! (Geoff says: "you can't cycle up Everest, it's impossible - too much snow").
- I've spent 213 hours training - and I've lost NO WEIGHT; I still weigh 9st 3lb. (Geoff says: "yeh, but feel your quads!!).
All that remains is to pack. Feeling strange..
That is quite a challenge too I imagine! What not to take? And how will you fit in Felix?! X
ReplyDeleteThat is quite a challenge too I imagine! What not to take? And how will you fit in Felix?! X
ReplyDeleteThat is quite a challenge too I imagine! What not to take? And how will you fit in Felix?! X
ReplyDeleteThat is quite a challenge too I imagine! What not to take? And how will you fit in Felix?! X
ReplyDelete