Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Cycling 4 days on the trot!!

Have been out 4 days on the trot this week:

Sunday: 48 miles with Macclesfield Wheelers
Monday: 18 miles with new Personal Trainer (Rich)
Tuesday: 38 miles to mum & dad's in Romiley
Wednesday: 31 miles along Middlewood Way
TOTAL miles: 135 miles

Have got to work up to going out 6 days on the trot, and doing 330 miles (55 miles per day). That's approximately 75% of what I'll have to do on LEJOG. Eleven weeks left to do that in. That's achievable!! 

So, on Monday I had my first session with Rich Storer - personal trainer for cyclists. Assessment ride - went well I thought, Rich's feedback:
  • Riding position on bike - Good
  • Pedalling style - Good
  • Base level of fitness - Good
  • Bike handling going downhill - Needs Help!
  • Hill climbing skills - Needs Help!
I knew the last 2 (hence why I approached Rich!!) - but was well pleased with the first 3 comments! We meet next Monday for endurance training uphill, aarrgh! Needs to be done, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment